How To Implement SEO
Search Engine Optimization is one of the most integral and imperative parts of a digital marketing strategy. It comprises a set of methods, which are implemented to raise the ranking of a website in a search engine. It proves to be of great significance to any online entity incentivising more traffic, ingraining an influential image and capturing maximum conversions which rapidly result in a greater return. The prime & predominant part of this technique lies in it’s organic nature of drawing customers with accurate keywords and phrases which makes it subtle yet strong. SEO provides a one for all and all for one result if executed in a just and judicious manner.
Let’s look a bit further into the dynamics of this tremendously terrific tool.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of growing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. SEO consists of two pillars of presence which are “free” and “first” on its firm foundation. It is an organic or unpaid way of driving your desired audience towards your website which makes it seamless by involving the process of transforming it as the first search result depending on the appropriate usage of the right keywords. Though it’s serviced by the search engine, SEO is equally shaped by the people on the other side of the screen. The intent of the people who search for content, their first instinct of typing the keywords with their initial thoughts and the information they’re looking for, form the primary premise behind the functioning of a SEO scheme. Once you’ve grasped the basics of these, grappling with the technicality of optimisation becomes an easier affair.
Why do we need SEO?
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase
- 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines
- 57% of B2B marketers stated that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative
Now these might seem like a random bunch of facts coalesced together, but they highlight the sheer significance of crafting an optimum strategy for a SEO. While there exists a montage of marketing techniques that can be enforced on the digital platform, SEO focuses more on the searcher than the seller. It acts as a powerful player in bridging the barriers and aligns the audience with the most accurate answers. It covers various types of searches including — navigational, informational, transactional & commercial. Hence results in the highest conversion rate in context of all the initiations, faring better than the other tactics.
How does SEO help?
SEO if executed effectively offers immense growth both in terms of revenue and returns for a brand.
- Raises the Ranking: SEO will uplift and enhance your range amongst other websites. Higher the ranking, higher the visibility thereby resulting in a larger and widespread audience. It reflects the validity of the brand, induces trust and engages the customers in a shorter timespan.
- Increases Traffic: Irrespective of the type of brand you specialise in, a common factor that unites all is the dire need for customers. Greater the traffic, greater the customers channelised in your direction. Now, not every client that comes your way proves worthy, you need the right people in the right place. Your consumers have to be optimised based on your offerings.
- Builds a better Brand: SEO makes your brand stronger, reliable and more recognized. If you’re right on top, nobody thinks twice before entrusting you which drastically boosts your credibility.
- Higher Conversion Rates: The devil is in the details, with the right keywords in your hand, web traffic from a good SEO campaign has a high conversion potential. Without SEO, finding a website is as good as looking for a needle in a haystack, turning out in a loss of potential prospects. SEO turns the oblivious into the obvious.
- Cost Effective: If utilised in a judicious manner, SEO can result in saving a lot of resources. It can help in reduction of advertising expenses and also improve cost management by lowering the lead generation expenses.
What are the main elements of a good SEO strategy?
There are a few important aspects that need to be analysed in depth which are crucial to the success of any SEO strategy.
- Content: The content is the crux of any website that can be accessed online. The content a customer assesses and assimilates forms the base for the conviction he/she has in the brand. This important ingredient needs to be assembled and aligned in an interesting way so as to catch the viewer’s attention and rope them to explore further prospects. You need to ensure that your content is relevant and useful to the customer without sounding repetitive or redundant.
- Keywords: Keywords are the key to a success of any SEO. These are the terms any user types into search engines like Google to find a website. They’re the closest terms to the matter in a user’s mind, to the item or information he’s looking for. To be found in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), keywords have to be integrated with the title as well as the content of the website.
- Meta title and description: This is the title that is displayed in the SERPs. An effective meta title can direct the viewers towards your website and should ideally contain about 3 keywords. The meta description is the text displayed under the meta title and should clearly outline the business of your brand to attract users to your site.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are the virtual word-of-mouth which act as the best form of advertising for any business. The easiest way to cultivate backlinks is by consistently creating good content, publishing blogs, articles or news about your brand.
- Social Media: Social Media is one of the best channels of communications with customers, clients and the public in general. It acts as the easiest and most effective way to reach out to specific targets and promote products and services.
SEO as a whole is a long term investment that yields long lasting returns. Be it a small business or a massive MNC, optimising its online presence is paramount to its performance. A compelling SEO strategy integrates the experience, expertise and efficacy of a brand and translates it into an influential identity on the internet. At the end of the day if your SEO thrives, your company survives.